CAN YOU MATCH SPREADS WITH LABELS?
1. "People Are Waiting On Cues" (ink, marker, collage on moleskin) 10x15in. Dec 2013
art journal cover: stickers flyers packing tape acrylic paint candy wrap
NY TAXI WORKERS ALLIANCE. MESPACHTES TRIBE. COUCHSURFING. ETHICAL BANKING
2. "Rascacielos y Hormigueros" (ink, oil pastel, collage on paper) 10x15in. Jan 2013
4 taxi shifts mapped out by hand. 48 nonconsecutive hours of route records. 127 documented fares
title translation: "Skyscrapers and Anthills"
3. "Worldly Matters Need A Good Heart" (ink, collage on paper) 10x15in. Jan 2013
red lines not interrelated: vacant stretches (gas + time - income) versus Bogota bike paths
maps juxtaposed. detailed passenger descriptions, newspaper, Colombian candy labels, ecofriendly detergent
4. "Alphabet of Inverses" (ink, marker, duct tape, collage on paper) 10x17in. Sept 2015
map collage. 4 shifts. Gulf Coast auto-stops. guided urban bike tour.
thumbing and hacking are inverses of one another.
5. "Ghastly Spread Between" (color pencil, ink, acrylic, foto, collage on paper) 9.5x17.5in. Oct 2009
redundant hero gallery, parents before self, self, Sarah Chayes, Thoreau
we may need to abandon coastline, forest, and desert suburbs. restrict ourselves to eco-cities
6. "Calendario Del Caravanero" (ink, collage on paper) 8x10in. Oct 2012
calendar, labels, flyers, street ads, logos, budget backpacking trajectories via Mesoamerica
continuum plan via isthmus. absurdities as social commentary
7. "Thirty One Days of Flexible Tenacity" (ink, marker, collage on paper) 10x15in. Oct 2013
challenge to live each day to fullest. success measured by filling squares with smallest possible penmanship.
trivialities not eligible
8. "Thank You Mathangi Arulpragasam" (polaroid, ink, marker, collage on paper) 10x15in. Mar 2013
hitching in California. clippings, manuals, quotes, reuse of discards strictly advised, bovine g hormone, assassination, dangers of western commode